* Memory bears and quilts are usually constructed with garments that have been previously worn. Please be advised of the following:
* All garments should be washed or dry cleaned before shipping.
* If a garment is permanently stained, it may be necessary to incorporate that stained area into the created item.
* Garments that smell of pet urine, human odors or tobacco products are unusable and will be returned to you.
* The garments typically offer a limited amount of fabric to work with. It may be necessary to create an item using unconventional fabric layout, (ie: there may be a garment seam in the middle of bear face).
Memory quilts commemorate a special person, couple or event. They are a very special gift for a wedding, an anniversary, milestones, birthdays, retirement, or in memory of a special person.
The quilt can be created using simple patchwork or using a special block. The sample picture features the "Attic Windows" design. One or more pictures are then photo-transfered onto each block. If planned far enough in advance, blocks can be mailed out to get signatures and special greetings for the recipient.
Memory quilts require special care. Due to the sensitivity of the photo transfers, it is advised that you use your quilt for display purposes only. If you choose to use it as a blanket, then spot cleaning and hang-drying is advisable. If you machine wash your quilt, there is the possibility that the transfers could loosen in agitation. Do not tumble dry transfers as they are heat sensitive and may shrivel. Do not use an iron on the transfers as they will melt.
Since there are so many variables in each design, please contact us for a specific quote.
Bears are created using the garments from a special event or person: wedding, prom or bridesmaid dresses, military uniforms, or from a garment in memory of a departed loved one.
Information: The finished bear is approximately 15" high (foot to top of head). The arms and legs are sewn on, slightly movable, and not jointed with plastic parts. They have no facial features.
Additional ideas for an EXTRA charge:
* two-toned ("wearing pants", left side/right side)
* added patches
* button/buttonhole strip down front
* neck/bow ties, collars, suspenders, glasses
* jewelry, laces, and other embellishments
* embroidered words or names
* angels, dolls, bunnies, cats, dogs or other designs can be specially quoted if that would be more significant than a bear
Process: Send 2 small garments or 1 large garment for each bear. Several bears can be created from one wedding dress. Shipping cost is at your expense. The stuffing is included in the price of construction. The bear will be created and then returned to you. Once again, shipping charges are your expense.
Price per bear is $35.00.
NOTICE AS OF 05/19/2013: After much consideration and prayer, I have made a decision regarding the memory bears that I make. For families that have lost a child (16 and under), there will be no labor charge. There will be a $10.00 charge for materials, plus shipping charges. I really enjoy making them and I know how they can touch a recipient, especially a grieving parent.
The Crimson Thimble
By appointment only
More contact info on "Contact Us" page.
Gift certificates available!
Special Facebook Promotion!
Visit us on Facebook at "The Crimson Thimble". Like our page and get 10% off your next order when you mention promotional code FB2017. Code expires 12-31-17
New Customer Offer - Mention promotional code INT2017 to receive 10% off your entire first order. Code expires 12-31-17
Only one code may be used per order.